About Single Stop
We are a non-profit organization that helps people identify and obtain benefits to which they may be lawfully entitled. We are not the government. We are not a healthcare provider or insurance company. We are not a money lender, credit provider, or credit rating agency. We do not provide funds or benefits, or guarantee eligibility for, or receipt of, any benefits. We do not have the final say on whether you are eligible for benefits. We are not the actual source or provider of any benefits to which you may be entitled.
Why do you need my information?
Single Stop asks you for information in order to screen you for benefits for which you can apply. We may also ask you for information needed for case workers to better provide you with assistance. We may ask you for information in the following categories: demographics, household, finances, work, education, military service, health, taxes and citizenship. It is voluntary for you to share your personal information, but without sufficient information, we may not be able to screen your eligibility for benefits.
By using The Site, you are consenting to us, or any party acting on our behalf to collect such data.
How does this work?
We use your Personal Data in order to look through our list of top government benefits and find estimates of benefits or services that might be a match for you. These are benefits for which you may be able to apply. We look for federal and state benefits, including, but not limited to, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), WIC (Women, Infants, and Children), Medicaid for Adults Under 65 and Children, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), subsidized Qualified Health Plans, Emergency Medicaid, the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, Free Tax Prep, and Lifetime Learning Credits. Available benefits information may change at any time subject to changes in applicable law or regulation in particular jurisdictions.
Do you do anything else with my personal information?
We save your personal information as a digital client file so that you can return to Single Stop offices or partners and talk to case managers about your needs, including checking up on your benefits or looking for additional support.
Single Stop may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Site, including to monitor the usage of Our Site.
- To manage your Account, and to manage your registration as a user of The Site. The Personal Data you provide can give You access to different functionalities of The Site that are available to You as a registered user.
- To analyze and evaluate our performance as a nonprofit, looking at how much we have helped clients and how we can help you better. We do not study you as an individual, but we analyze all our clients as an aggregated group, in which the Personal Data (names, email and addresses, etc.) have been anonymized. This anonymized and aggregated data helps us improve our services to you and helps us report on our productivity to our funders and partners.
- To contact You, by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or services
- To provide You with news, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage and respond to Your requests that are made to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site, to contact You. These service providers are required to have strong access controls and to only use your information for the intended purpose.
- With Business Partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products or services. These business partners are required to have strong access controls and to only use your information for the intended purpose.
- With Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, We may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). which may include a search warrant, national security letter or other law enforcement request.
Other Legal Requirements
Single Stop may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation such as an administrative order, a court order or subpoena
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Single Stop
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Please note we do not sell any of your Personal Data for any purpose.
Do you collect any other information about me?
Usage Data is collected automatically when using The Site. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of The Site that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access The Site by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Site or when You access The Site by or through a mobile device.
While using Our Site, we may collect, with your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
We use this information to provide features of Our Site, to improve and customize Our Site, and to provide You with information about services available in your area. The information may be uploaded to Our servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings.
Where does my personal information go?
Your personal information is stored in our secure databases. It is saved into the system each time you advance to the next page/step. We save your information as you enter it, this allows us to help you continue where you left off in your next session. We do not save your personal information on any standalone computers. Our database is stored in computer servers operated by companies that specialize in safely storing data. They are called cloud storage companies. We work with these companies to safeguard your Personal Data in keeping with prevailing industry practices and requirements.
Please note that Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Single Stop‘s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Who is looking at my information ?
Some of our staff have permission to look at information in the database in order to do their Single Stop work. They can do so from any computer using a protected login and password. We have a lot of rules for our employees and partners about how to protect access to our database and how to use the database. Also, case workers are looking at your information to provide you with assistance in accessing benefits and services. Your information is made available to a case worker when they make a referral to a provider. These case workers will reach out to you to schedule an appointment. You have no obligation to meet with them. Your information is only shared with the case workers at locations whose URL (website) you have entered through or who you have referred yourself to.
Why do you need my contact information?
This information is needed so that we can provide you with access to your Account by sending you an e-mail or text to your preferred method of contact. This is how we verify it is you trying to access your information. Case workers can also reach out to you to set up an appointment. We will also send you follow-up information on your Account and on your appointment through the communication method (phone or email) you have entered. Single Stop may also use this information to send you reminders about your benefits and to inform you of any important information about rules or policy updates that may impact you. Finally, Single Stop may reach out to let you know of additional services being offered that you may be interested in.
Can I remove my information?
You can close your Account at any time, so that you will no longer be an active Single Stop client. This does not remove your information from our database, where it stays as a record of how we helped you. If you want to delete your file from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove as much of your personal information as possible to the best of our ability. Once you remove your information, Single Stop will no longer be able to assist you with the online screening process.
You may remove our cookies by accessing your browser’s settings which will allow you to delete cookies. For more information on how to delete cookies from your browser, see: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-delete-cookies-2617981.
Are there age restrictions for using this technology?
Single Stop wants this technology to be as accessible as possible to those people that need it. We do not advertise this technology to anyone under the age of 13. The technology is not directed at children under the age of 13. Users who enter an age under 13 are not allowed to proceed further on the Site. Adults entering children as household members must first seek parental or guardian consent before entering information for children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Why are there so many questions about me?
Sometimes, an answer to one question tells us that you might be able to get other kinds of benefits. This may prompt you to answer some additional questions, which indicates that we are trying to determine if you qualify for additional benefits.
Do you follow me online?
No, this website does not use online tracking. We do not sell any information about your online behavior or track any information about individuals through social media. We do not let third parties collect visitors’ information from our website. We do not share information about what happens on our website except to work on the software and Single Stop program and make it better.
How long do you keep my data?
Single Stop will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Site, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, We use several layered security measures, designed to protect our Site and your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, you acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics: We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Single Stop is subject such as lawful court order or subpoena.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Single Stop.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Single Stop.
In any case, Single Stop™ will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
Single Stop™ undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information you have shared with Us. Whenever possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your Account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data you have shared with Us .
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. If you feel that the personal information we have about you in is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to amend your personal information.
- Restrict processing of Your Personal Data. You may request a restriction on processing your Personal Data if you feel that your data is not accurate, or if you believe the processing is unlawful, or if you believe we no longer have a need to process your data.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there are no other legal obligations for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Site.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, your request must be in writing, signed, and dated. It must specify the records to which you are referring and give the reason for your request. We will respond to you within 30 days. We may deny your request, if we do, we will tell you why and explain your options. You may send your request to our Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your Rights Under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Us information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by Single Stop or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from Us information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be
discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against
for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Providing a different level or quality of services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different quality of services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email email@example.com.
Single Stop will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Account: means a unique account created for You to access our Site or parts of our Site.
Affiliate: means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
Company: (referred to as either “Single Stop”, “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to SINGLE STOP USA INC, 123 William St, New York NY 10038.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
Device: means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
Personal Data: is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
Sale: (for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act)), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s Personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Site: refers to Our site: https://app.singlestop.org.
Service Provider: means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of Single Stop. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by Single Stop to facilitate the Site, to provide the Site on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Site or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Site is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Usage Data: refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
You: means the individual accessing or using the Site, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Site, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Site.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy was last updated 04/18/2021